The Society of Canadian Colposcopists (SCC) brings together medical doctors who have displayed a particular interest in and knowledge of lower genital tract neoplasia and benign disorders and thus are capable of and willing to assist the Society in attaining its goals and objectives.
The goals and objectives of the SCC are to:
- Strive for the provision of the highest quality of care in the detection and treatment of cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancer precursor lesions and other benign lesions of the lower genital tract;
- To recommend and strengthen the basic standards in the training program in colposcopy and associated treatment modalities;
- To encourage basic, clinical and epidemiologic research in colposcopy and lower genital tract disease;
- To develop and recommend clinical practice guidelines for colposcopy;
- To provide an educational forum for interdisciplinary presentation, discussion, and publication of scientific inquiry into colposcopy and pre-invasive cervical disease other benign lesions of the lower genital tract.
To apply for membership, please complete the application form and mail it with your curriculum vitae to Ms. Judy Scrivener at the SCC Secretariat Office.
Society of Canadian Colposcopists
780 Promenade Echo Drive
Ottawa, ON K1S 5R7
Tel.: 613.730.7192 ext. 320 or 1.800.561.2416 ext. 320